Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A coated oral medicinal tablet.
pill, capsule, lozenge, caplet, pastille, pellet, drop, ballView synonyms
- ‘Elena smiled and then removed one caplet from the bottle.’
- ‘At enrolment, each woman received 15 caplets in a bottle with instructions to take one caplet every night before bedtime.’
- ‘Look for tablets with at least 1000 mg of AAKG per caplet.’
- ‘If you give the same number of pills or caplets of extra- or adult-strength as of child-strength pills or liquid, you might unintentionally give as much as six times the correct dose.’
- ‘The recommended dose for over-the-counter use is one caplet every four to six hours up to a maximum of six pills in 24 hours.’
- ‘When it comes to treating the problem, a variety of products such as oral sprays, herbal caplets and homeopathic remedies have been found to be effective in the relief of snoring.’
- ‘Next, the volunteers took garlic caplets twice daily for three weeks.’
- ‘I carry little emergency packets in my purse and a bottle of the Citrucel caplets in my overnight bag.’
- ‘With that Galen rushed around the corner, pulling one of the said caplets from his mouth.’
- ‘Do not store acetaminophen tablets (including caplets and gelcaps), capsules, or granules in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places.’
- ‘Excluding the gel caplets, those are only once.’
- ‘Standard doses of garlic caplets can cut blood levels of the protease inhibitor saquinavir (brand name Crixivan) by 50 percent, according to a study conducted by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.’
- ‘It is available as a caplet and chewable tablet and is given to dogs by mouth, or by injection administered by veterinarians.’
- ‘Rimadyl is available in palatable liver flavored chewable tablets, as well as regular caplets.’
- ‘Pills, powders, caplets, tablets, tinctures, oils and herb formulas can aid good health, but only if they're supplemental to a good diet.’
- ‘I had three caplets of Tylenol Cold in the last 18 hours already.’
- ‘What's the difference between a tablet, a caplet and a geltab?’
- ‘Just two caplets and a glass of water alongside your weight training program are all you need to start building muscle now.’
- ‘And you may want to wash down those magnesium caplets with a coffee, according to a third study.’
- ‘One caplet daily was found to reduce by 32 percent blood levels of C-reactive protein.’
1930s: blend of capsule and tablet.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.