One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Supporting or based on the principles of capitalism.‘a completely capitalistic system’
- ‘It is not uncommon for artists to voice contempt for capitalistic processes.’
- ‘The novel develops a plot fueled by a desire for a conventionally capitalistic definition of happiness.’
- ‘The impact of the slump on large capitalistic enterprises in the region receives relatively little comment.’
- ‘It is a modern-day social commentary, ranging from capitalistic alienation to the seeking of immediate gratification in relationships with women.’
- ‘He sought all his life to surpass his uncle, championing those labeled heretic by a vital capitalistic society.’
- ‘In many ways, it penetrates to the dark side of the capitalistic ideal.’
- ‘The consistent purpose in his writing was to make economic theory applicable to the perennial problems of a capitalistic economy.’
- ‘This is not simply a great ethical warning against capitalistic exploitation, or against a merely utilitarian conception of habitation.’
- ‘The economic development under capitalistic premises thus proceeds in the form of cyclical fluctuation.’
- ‘Social mobility is the source of authority in modern capitalistic democracy, where the ultimate value is the rise of the individual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.