One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The particular distribution of debt and equity that makes up the finances of a company.‘restructuring our operations and capital structure will enable the firm to emerge as a stronger company’
- ‘They need to understand the risk of carrying debt in the capital structure, but also to see that equity has a cost and a risk, too.’
- ‘When Shindler joined the wireless company in 1996, Nextel didn't have "an appropriate capital structure," he says.’
- ‘When we look at the balance sheets of many local cooperatives, we see capital structures largely composed of equity.’
- ‘The optimal capital structure of a firm is solely determined by the leverage ratio where the average cost of debt equals the rate of return on productive investments.’
- ‘To make that leap - from local metropolitan utility to regional holding company - has meant shedding all ties to power generation as well as creating an entirely new capital structure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.