One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The extent to which a financial institution finances its operations by issuing shares and retaining profits, expressed as a percentage of its assets.‘spurred by stronger regulatory requirements, banks have steadily increased their capital ratios since the financial crisis’
- ‘The asset value and working capital ratio suggest the tenant is creditworthy as defined earlier.’
- ‘Most banks in Hong Kong have an average capital ratio of 15 per cent, far exceeding the international minimum of 8 per cent.’
- ‘The capital ratio for the aluminium, cement and real estate industries will rise to 35 per cent from 25 per cent.’
- ‘The Fed needs $48 billion in capital just to get back to the capital ratios it had last year.’
- ‘Issuing the bonds reduced the bank's tier-one capital ratio to 5.9%, roughly 1% below its five-year average.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.