One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The extent to which a financial institution finances its operations by issuing shares and retaining profits, expressed as a percentage of its assets.‘spurred by stronger regulatory requirements, banks have steadily increased their capital ratios since the financial crisis’
- ‘The capital ratio for the aluminium, cement and real estate industries will rise to 35 per cent from 25 per cent.’
- ‘Issuing the bonds reduced the bank's tier-one capital ratio to 5.9%, roughly 1% below its five-year average.’
- ‘The Fed needs $48 billion in capital just to get back to the capital ratios it had last year.’
- ‘Most banks in Hong Kong have an average capital ratio of 15 per cent, far exceeding the international minimum of 8 per cent.’
- ‘The asset value and working capital ratio suggest the tenant is creditworthy as defined earlier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.