One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for capillarity
- ‘Water can be drawn into a building by capillary action.’
- ‘Other teams are striving to control their fuel cell's operations by using solely passive processes, such as evaporation, diffusion, and capillary action.’
- ‘In resting insect tissues, tracheoles are typically filled with liquid drawn by capillary action from the surrounding tissue.’
- ‘The capillary action of the water serves to retain the sand particles, and water seeps may form.’
- ‘Later it reappears, floating on water in an example of surface tension or indicating the diameters of glass tubes in a demonstration of capillary action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.