One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for capillarity
- ‘In resting insect tissues, tracheoles are typically filled with liquid drawn by capillary action from the surrounding tissue.’
- ‘Water can be drawn into a building by capillary action.’
- ‘Later it reappears, floating on water in an example of surface tension or indicating the diameters of glass tubes in a demonstration of capillary action.’
- ‘Other teams are striving to control their fuel cell's operations by using solely passive processes, such as evaporation, diffusion, and capillary action.’
- ‘The capillary action of the water serves to retain the sand particles, and water seeps may form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.