Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Capital expenditure.‘in the current year the company's capex is expected to be in the region of $200 million’
- ‘Capex is usually the last factor to turn in a cyclical recovery.’
- ‘The real costs are much more than the lost revenue; it also includes diversion of resources and unwarranted capex due to undue network investment.’
- ‘"The capex per subscriber will be much lower."’
- ‘Even so, the US will still account for 30 per cent of the total capex.’
- ‘In the current year the company's capex is expected to be in the region of US $200 million.’
1980s: shortened form of capital expenditure.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.