One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antimetabolite used to treat various metastatic cancers by inhibiting tumor growth while sparing most surrounding tissue.
- ‘The FDA and the manufacturer have added a Boxed Warning in the labeling for capecitabine, indicated for the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer.’
- ‘A 53-year-old woman with a history of metastatic breast cancer was admitted 12 days following her sixth cycle of capecitabine and docetaxel chemotherapy because of hypokalemia, hypocalcemia, and dehydration.’
- ‘We conducted this phase III study because the combination of oral capecitabine and oxaliplatin showed promising effects in different phase II studies.’
- ‘Patients who took capecitabine, however, had significantly fewer serious side effects than control patients, particularly neutropenia.’
- ‘Oral agents such as fluoropyrimidines for example, capecitabine are under investigation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.