One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Cape Verde Islands or their inhabitants.‘an annual showcase of Cape Verdean music’
- ‘The two bilingual educators teach first grade Cape Verdean students in the same building.’
- ‘Music and dance are a focal point of Cape Verdean culture.’
- ‘The first Cape Verdean islanders settled in the United States in the middle of the nineteenth century.’
- ‘The Cape Verdean Creole Institute was founded in Boston in 1996, with the goal of promoting the Cape Verdean language.’
- ‘Of the participants, 80% were white, 9% were Hispanic, 6% were black, 3% were Cape Verdean, and 2% were American Indian.’
A native or inhabitant of the Cape Verde Islands.‘many local Cape Verdeans took part in renovating the space’
- ‘Today, more Cape Verdeans live in faraway communities than in the homeland.’
- ‘Independence Day was established on July 5, 1975, and it is celebrated by Cape Verdeans throughout the world.’
- ‘Almeida, a Cape Verdean writing in Portuguese, gently makes his character more human with every page of this novel.’
- ‘In 1998, the first Republican Cape Verdean, Vinny Macedo, was elected to the Massachusetts State Legislature.’
- ‘Cape Verdeans identify strongly with the culture of their individual islands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.