One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Cape Verde Islands or their inhabitants.‘an annual showcase of Cape Verdean music’
- ‘Of the participants, 80% were white, 9% were Hispanic, 6% were black, 3% were Cape Verdean, and 2% were American Indian.’
- ‘The first Cape Verdean islanders settled in the United States in the middle of the nineteenth century.’
- ‘The two bilingual educators teach first grade Cape Verdean students in the same building.’
- ‘Music and dance are a focal point of Cape Verdean culture.’
- ‘The Cape Verdean Creole Institute was founded in Boston in 1996, with the goal of promoting the Cape Verdean language.’
A native or inhabitant of the Cape Verde Islands.‘many local Cape Verdeans took part in renovating the space’
- ‘In 1998, the first Republican Cape Verdean, Vinny Macedo, was elected to the Massachusetts State Legislature.’
- ‘Cape Verdeans identify strongly with the culture of their individual islands.’
- ‘Independence Day was established on July 5, 1975, and it is celebrated by Cape Verdeans throughout the world.’
- ‘Today, more Cape Verdeans live in faraway communities than in the homeland.’
- ‘Almeida, a Cape Verdean writing in Portuguese, gently makes his character more human with every page of this novel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.