One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device used to store an electric charge, consisting of one or more pairs of conductors separated by an insulator.
- ‘The devices use two external polarised electrolytic capacitors that can also be reconfigured to double the supply voltage.’
- ‘A capacitor stores electrons in the same way, and can then release them later.’
- ‘Once the decision is made to administer a shock, the high voltage capacitor is charged by the high voltage capacitor and the power source.’
- ‘Morgan and its partners plan to solve this problem using powerful capacitors, devices which store electricity and then release it rapidly.’
- ‘An electrical charge stored in the capacitor is one bit of memory information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.