One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device used to store an electric charge, consisting of one or more pairs of conductors separated by an insulator.
- ‘The devices use two external polarised electrolytic capacitors that can also be reconfigured to double the supply voltage.’
- ‘Once the decision is made to administer a shock, the high voltage capacitor is charged by the high voltage capacitor and the power source.’
- ‘A capacitor stores electrons in the same way, and can then release them later.’
- ‘An electrical charge stored in the capacitor is one bit of memory information.’
- ‘Morgan and its partners plan to solve this problem using powerful capacitors, devices which store electricity and then release it rapidly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.