One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are a lot of people who have contributed to my success today - first of all my family and secondly my team of workers, canvassers and everybody associated with the election team.’
- ‘But as the election campaign gains momentum, young Sinn Fein canvassers will be pounding the beat in Northern Ireland, exuding their customary dynamism.’
- ‘IT'S a pleasant if slightly cold morning in Stradbally and Deputy Charles Flanagan and his team of canvassers are out looking for votes for D-Day, May 17.’
- ‘The Guardian has seen a transcript of a telephone conference call involving the head of the alliance in which the participants discuss how the new group would send thousands of canvassers into marginal seats.’
- ‘The Liberal Democrat candidate for Tooting has raised the issue of unwanted phone calls from political canvassers, claiming hers was the only party that avoided intrusive cold calls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.