Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lightweight cotton or linen fabric.
- ‘Artist canvas duck is stretched over the frame leaving the top and bottom base uncovered by the canvas.’
- ‘In addition to fine quality bed sheets, we also export 100% cotton greige fabrics in different weaves like industrial canvas ducks, twills/drills, bull denims, and oxford basket weave.’
- ‘Painting is not as easy because, unlike canvas duck, the paint soaks through army duck.’
- ‘The unit consists of three inflatable tubes of heavily rubberized canvas duck.’
- ‘Boat Canvas Pet Placemats are made from 18 oz. canvas duck with white top stitching.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.