One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A Canadian (sometimes derogatory in US use)‘as a true Canuck, Hayden loves pizza’
- ‘Her theory of the Canadian identity hinges on that stereotype of the nice, law-abiding Canuck.’
- ‘Though Canucks, Heighton's heroes are filters for Western (read American) values and bias.’
- ‘The actors featured in the series are a mixture of Canucks and Aussies.’
- ‘Roots artist Kathleen Edwards was the only other Canuck besides Canadian-born Young on the bill this year.’
- ‘It's comforting to know some of our neighbours are as self-doubting and dissident as us Canucks.’
- ‘Us Canucks run a huge trade surplus and the dollar is weak.’
- ‘Ninety-four per cent of Canucks believe that the world has a positive view of Canada.’
- ‘He introduced his three associates, likewise Canucks, all from Vancouver.’
- ‘However, we Canucks are by nature so laid-back, how can it hurt for the music industry to get together and pat each other on the back?’
- 1.1dated A French Canadian.
Canadian.‘an impressive lineup of Canuck screen veterans’
- ‘Visions of mukluks and plaid flannel flood the mind when asked to describe Canuck chic.’
- ‘I noticed there weren't very many Canuck flags flying around town today.’
- ‘This year from noon until 6 p.m., the City of Calgary will once again host a party to celebrate all things Canuck.’
- ‘This show is an incredibly funny, dead-on skewering of Canuck culture that is still beloved by Canadian fans as the finest episode the troupe ever did.’
- ‘We Canuck film critics are often accused of being too easy on local films.’
- ‘If you want a fun flick with a lot of laughs and a killer Canuck soundtrack, you will not be disappointed.’
- ‘With 26 Canadian feature films, Canuck flicks account for well over 10 per cent of the program, including a spotlight on mainstream Quebec cinema.’
- ‘The government offered funding assistance and tax incentives to films made in Canada and fulfilling specific Canuck criteria.’
- ‘As Canuck as they've become though, they also had their other home in mind.’
- ‘Sharing a uniquely dry Canuck humour, Young and Mitchell had an easy rapport.’
Mid 19th century: apparently from Canada.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.