One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The archbishop of the southern province of the Church of England, who is Primate of All England and plays a leading role in the worldwide Anglican Church.
- ‘The Archbishop of Canterbury and the King's Treasurer were killed.’
- ‘It was encouraging for those of us who espouse religious tolerance to see the Archbishop of Canterbury meeting with the Pope yesterday.’
- ‘Lambeth Palace is the Archbishop of Canterbury's official residence.’
- ‘The Windsor Report describes the Archbishop of Canterbury as one of the Anglican Instruments of Unity.’
- ‘In 1209, John had been excommunicated in a dispute over the appointment of the Archbishop of Canterbury.’
- ‘Augustine converted the Jutes of Kent to the Roman Church, and served as the first Archbishop of Canterbury.’
- ‘Ahead of us was historic Addington Palace, which in the 19th century was home to the Archbishop of Canterbury.’
- ‘The Archbishop of Canterbury who will preside over the meeting, is hoping the Anglican church will emerge intact from the meeting.’
- ‘Between 1571 and 1575 he was Master of Music at the Archbishop of Canterbury's chapel at Lambeth Palace.’
- ‘The Archbishop of Canterbury issued a statement from London saying the move brought him ‘sadness and disquiet’.’
- ‘Our speaker this month was Jean Cottle who is a guide to Lambeth Palace, the home of the Archbishops of Canterbury.’
- ‘The wedding will be followed by a service of prayer and dedication in St George's Chapel, at which the Archbishop of Canterbury will preside.’
- ‘It was given to New College, Oxford, also by an Archbishop of Canterbury, William Warham, in 1516.’
- ‘In the second half of the 11th century, Lanfranc, the Archbishop of Canterbury, wrote a rule-book for monks.’
- ‘The new Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, believes Freemasons have no place in the Church of England.’
- ‘Now Archbishop of Canterbury, Becket refused to comply.’
- ‘The conference was addressed by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, as well as by evangelical leaders from the UK and abroad.’
- ‘The multi-faith service was being addressed by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams.’
- ‘The Archbishop of Canterbury and most of Elizabeth's subjects were opposed to the return of any Catholic influence.’
- ‘They had no objections and neither did The Archbishop of Canterbury, but the Chapter of Westminster Abbey did object.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.