One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What of the televangelists who promise to cure everything from cantankerousness to cancer, in exchange for a generous ‘love offering‘?’
- ‘I think modern parents will empathise with him, I really do, if people really listen to this play, but because of his attitude and his cantankerousness he may not get sympathy.’
- ‘Yet for all her cantankerousness, the woman had fed her and given her a job, and for the first while a place to live.’
- ‘It amuses primarily thanks to Newhook, largely because he plays his character with the lightest touch, investing Vallis with a believable cantankerousness.’
- ‘Giving readings was seen as an embarrassment, and generations of German poets were proud to fumble around in sullen cantankerousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.