- another term for cant hook
- ‘We are well stocked with winches, log arches, wood splitters, wedges, cant dogs, and chainsaws.’
- ‘Extra boats carried spare cant dogs and other tools and a portable forge so the blacksmith could keep up with repairs.’
- ‘A cant dog is a pole about eight feet long, with a sharp metal spike and a hook on the working end.’
- ‘On the two-horse wagon sled lie a four-inch crosscut saw and a four-inch cant dog.’
- ‘The peavey was a modified version of the cant dog and was widely used in the annual log drives down Maine's rivers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.