One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And, even then, a dissident antipapal council assembled in 1511 at Pisa, stimulating a great outflow of canonistic and theological writings in defence of the Conciliar theory.’
- ‘Las Casas had to use the canonistic tradition in a situation that the canonists had never envisioned.’
- ‘Interest on money is forbidden; the prohibition of usury is, indeed, as Roscher says, the centre of the whole canonistic system of economy, as well as the foundation of a great part of the ecclesiastical jurisdiction.’
- ‘Aquinas sets out simply to clarify and systematize received theological and canonistic teachings on the Jews.’
- ‘The term ‘conjugal rights’ has long characterized ways of speaking about marriage both in the canonistic tradition and in the secular legal systems of the West.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.