One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of eating the flesh of one's own species.‘the film is quite disturbing at points with references to cannibalism’‘to avoid cannibalism caterpillars were reared individually’
- ‘They offer the most complex discussions of cannibalism among the Iroquois.’
- ‘It's loosely based on the true story of the only man ever convicted of cannibalism in the United States.’
- ‘Ecologically, cannibalism is just a special form of predation, functioning to increase access to animal food.’
- ‘Cannibalism never appears within the human boundaries of this imagined community.’
- ‘Cannibalism was one method of establishing otherness in early modern representations of all three groups.’
- ‘In a few fish, reducing brood size sometimes leads to total brood cannibalism.’
- ‘We investigate the adaptive value of cannibalism in this orb-web spider, where 60 percent of males do not survive copulation.’
- ‘Its narrator is a 23-year-old woman whose obsession with cannibalism may be more than academic.’
- ‘Variation in foraging vigor of certain female spiders predicts the occurrence of sexual cannibalism.’
- ‘A similar dynamic is at work in his reference to cannibalism among the native tribes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.