One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound that is one of the main constituents of cannabis, having mild psychoactive effects.
A polycyclic phenol; chemical formula: C₂₁H₃₀O₂
- ‘One researcher at the facility is pursuing a study of cannabidiol.’
- ‘Controlled dosing is one of the challenges facing the world of medical marijuana as it explores cannabidiol (CBD) strains.’
- ‘He adds, "We need more research on cannabidiols, and development of products that are high in cannabidiols and low in THC."’
- ‘The amount of cannabidiol contained in the marijuana varied widely - from 0.14 % or less to 0.75 %.’
- ‘His mother pleaded for approval to use a medicinal cannabidiol, after two months of attempting other treatments had failed.’
1940s: from cannabis + di- + -ol.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.