One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sugar obtained from sugar cane.
- ‘Once in solution, granule size was no longer an issue, and the differences between cane sugar and beet sugar disappeared.’
- ‘The drinking chocolate contains Fairtrade cocoa beans and cane sugar from the Caribbean and Africa.’
- ‘Maple syrup can be substituted for cane sugar in many recipes, and its use as a standard sweetener is only the beginning.’
- ‘If your primary source of fermentable sugars is cane sugar then you're not really making beer.’
- ‘The spirit used for fortification comes from a variety of different sources and could be based on grapes, sugar beet, cane sugar, agricultural by-products, or even petroleum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.