One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sugar obtained from sugar cane.
- ‘Maple syrup can be substituted for cane sugar in many recipes, and its use as a standard sweetener is only the beginning.’
- ‘Once in solution, granule size was no longer an issue, and the differences between cane sugar and beet sugar disappeared.’
- ‘The spirit used for fortification comes from a variety of different sources and could be based on grapes, sugar beet, cane sugar, agricultural by-products, or even petroleum.’
- ‘If your primary source of fermentable sugars is cane sugar then you're not really making beer.’
- ‘The drinking chocolate contains Fairtrade cocoa beans and cane sugar from the Caribbean and Africa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.