A teenage girl who does volunteer nursing in a hospital.
carer, caregiver, attendantView synonyms
- ‘I barely acknowledged smiles from orderlies, candy-stripers and nurses that recognized me.’
- ‘I'm a candy striper at a hospital once a week.’
- ‘He went in the same direction as the candy-striper and found her waiting for him around a turn in the hall.’
- ‘He spotted a candy-striper coming out of one of the rooms, holding a stack of towels in one arm and trying to balance them while she reached behind her to close the door.’
- ‘And it's a job a motivated candy-striper could handle.’
So named because of the candy-striped uniforms of such nurses.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.