One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infection with candida, especially as causing oral or vaginal thrush.
- ‘Signs of immunocompromise may include cachexia or oral candidiasis.’
- ‘Since undecylenic acid acts systemically, oral administration can inhibit or even prevent oral candidiasis, or thrush.’
- ‘Your doctor can prescribe other medications to treat vaginal candidiasis or prevent recurrent infections.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of erythrasma includes psoriasis, dermatophytosis, candidiasis, and intertrigo.’
- ‘Subsequently, he was diagnosed as having hepatitis B, oral candidiasis, central nervous system toxoplasmosis, and perirectal herpes simplex virus.’
- ‘An overgrowth of the common fungus Candida, found on everyone's body, leads to the fungal infection candidiasis.’
- ‘Adults or adolescents who have a history of documented esophageal candidiasis, particularly multiple episodes, should be considered candidates for chronic suppressive therapy.’
- ‘Treatment for persistent or recurrent candidiasis or trichomoniasis was repeated.’
- ‘Truly representative data on the epidemiology of vulvovaginal candidiasis are hard to come by.’
- ‘Among the most common infections are genital warts, chlamydia, candidiasis and non-specific urethritis.’
- ‘The commonest lesions are candidiasis and herpes viral infections, but others include ulcers, periodontal disease, and malignant neoplasms.’
- ‘Fungal infections such as candidiasis and aspergillosis are more commonly found in BMT recipients than PBSCT recipients because BMT patients have longer periods of neutropenia.’
- ‘Common infectious forms of vaginitis include bacterial vaginosis, vulvovaginal candidiasis, and trichomoniasis.’
- ‘The majority presented with fever, severe weight loss, diarrhoea, oral candidiasis etc.’
- ‘Side effects of doxycycline include gastrointestinal upset, esophagitis, and vaginal candidiasis.’
- ‘Although irritant dermatitis, candidiasis, or secondary bacterial infections may produce superficial erosion and plaques of the perineal skin, they do not cause ulceration.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and candidiasis are the most common diseases associated with vaginal discharge.’
- ‘At 8 months of age, Elisabeth developed temporary milk intolerance and oral candidiasis.’
- ‘The white buccal lesions of oral lichen planus may necessitate biopsy to exclude leukoplakia, candidiasis, and secondary syphilis.’
- ‘Given the proper conditions, the yeast increase in number and cause a new clinical episode of vulvovaginal candidiasis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.