Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Infection with candida, especially as causing oral or vaginal thrush.
- ‘Truly representative data on the epidemiology of vulvovaginal candidiasis are hard to come by.’
- ‘The white buccal lesions of oral lichen planus may necessitate biopsy to exclude leukoplakia, candidiasis, and secondary syphilis.’
- ‘Fungal infections such as candidiasis and aspergillosis are more commonly found in BMT recipients than PBSCT recipients because BMT patients have longer periods of neutropenia.’
- ‘The majority presented with fever, severe weight loss, diarrhoea, oral candidiasis etc.’
- ‘Treatment for persistent or recurrent candidiasis or trichomoniasis was repeated.’
- ‘Bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, and candidiasis are the most common diseases associated with vaginal discharge.’
- ‘Subsequently, he was diagnosed as having hepatitis B, oral candidiasis, central nervous system toxoplasmosis, and perirectal herpes simplex virus.’
- ‘At 8 months of age, Elisabeth developed temporary milk intolerance and oral candidiasis.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of erythrasma includes psoriasis, dermatophytosis, candidiasis, and intertrigo.’
- ‘Since undecylenic acid acts systemically, oral administration can inhibit or even prevent oral candidiasis, or thrush.’
- ‘Adults or adolescents who have a history of documented esophageal candidiasis, particularly multiple episodes, should be considered candidates for chronic suppressive therapy.’
- ‘The commonest lesions are candidiasis and herpes viral infections, but others include ulcers, periodontal disease, and malignant neoplasms.’
- ‘An overgrowth of the common fungus Candida, found on everyone's body, leads to the fungal infection candidiasis.’
- ‘Given the proper conditions, the yeast increase in number and cause a new clinical episode of vulvovaginal candidiasis.’
- ‘Common infectious forms of vaginitis include bacterial vaginosis, vulvovaginal candidiasis, and trichomoniasis.’
- ‘Side effects of doxycycline include gastrointestinal upset, esophagitis, and vaginal candidiasis.’
- ‘Signs of immunocompromise may include cachexia or oral candidiasis.’
- ‘Your doctor can prescribe other medications to treat vaginal candidiasis or prevent recurrent infections.’
- ‘Among the most common infections are genital warts, chlamydia, candidiasis and non-specific urethritis.’
- ‘Although irritant dermatitis, candidiasis, or secondary bacterial infections may produce superficial erosion and plaques of the perineal skin, they do not cause ulceration.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.