One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affected by or showing abnormalities characteristic of cancer.‘a cancerous tumor’‘if stem cells are unstable, they can become cancerous’
- ‘The young actress had a lump removed from her breast because doctors suspected it was cancerous.’
- ‘In the laboratory, this substance protects cells from cancerous change.’
- ‘A new ovarian tumor index to help physicians accurately diagnose ovarian tumors as cancerous or benign has been developed by researchers in Dallas.’
- ‘Of those patients, 214 were diagnosed with noncancerous masses, and 30 had cancerous neoplasms.’
- ‘It's believed calcium reduces the occurrence of polyps in the colon that can turn cancerous.’
- ‘Knowing what changes to the genome make cells cancerous can help oncologists defeat the tumor with tailor-made chemotherapy.’
- ‘Individuals from Family A were monitored by dermatologists for cancerous and precancerous lesions of the skin.’
- ‘It was originally designed to break down cancerous tissues.’
- ‘The study suggests that the size of the light scatterers in the cancerous epithelium are not significantly modified.’
- ‘Although cancerous liver cells easily can be grown in culture dishes, growing healthy liver cells is not so easy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.