One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small channel or duct.
- ‘Close inspection of the scans revealed an enlarged inferior tympanic canaliculus, an absent vertical carotid canal, a vascular prominence over the promontory and a normal horizontal intrapetrous carotid canal.’
- ‘PPIs are lipophilic weak bases that cross the parietal cell membrane and enter the acidic parietal cell canaliculus.’
- ‘Some posit that it crosses the membrane at the channel periphery or traverses the canaliculus.’
- ‘The first step is to cannulate each canaliculus using a lacrimal duct probe.’
- ‘The lacrimal drainage apparatus consists of the puncta on the upper lid and the lower lid, the canaliculi, the common canaliculus, the lacrimal sac, and the nasolacrimal duct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.