One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a flower) bell-shaped, as in a campanula.
- ‘The species grows as a partially herbaceous deciduous vine, with fairly pale green, somewhat cut foliage and campanulate light rose-purple flowers.’
- ‘The one in the lower right is campanulate or umbonate.’
- ‘The campanulate flowers have four to six tepals.’
- ‘These are quite easy to grow with creamy campanulate flowers up to 30 cm tall from August to October.’
- ‘Flowers of species with spreading and campanulate corollas are visited and probably pollinated by bees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.