One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who actively promotes the goals of a cause.‘human rights campaigners are furious at the government's decision’
crusader, fighter, battlerView synonyms
- ‘Now the campaigners will have to gear themselves up for a further battle when the developers appeal.’
- ‘Against that, he is a seasoned campaigner who has fought some tough electoral battles in the past.’
- ‘Now the couple are leading campaigners in the battle to increase awareness.’
- ‘He was a lawyer and a trade union activist, a campaigner for human rights and democracy.’
- ‘Her convictions all seem to stem from her activities as a peace campaigner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.