Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- [as modifier] ‘a camo jacket’short for camouflage
- ‘The camo clad marine dove on the ground, dodging my shot.’
- ‘With a roar the camo Humvee pulled out of the parking lot, leaving only dust behind.’
- ‘The camo stock is an exact duplicate of the design McMillan sold to go on the original rifles and is equipped with aluminum bedding blocks.’
- ‘Donning a jean miniskirt and a camo cropped top, I spiked my short hair and ran downstairs for breakfast.’
- ‘I finally decided on a camouflage, ripped skirt, a black spaghetti-strap top, and a camo bandana in my hair.’
- ‘Smith sees that one is wearing a black Patagonia Gore-Tex jacket under his camo vest and a high-tech rucksack with a German label.’
- ‘James dispatched the two zombies, both bearing military camo, and turned his attention back to survival.’
- ‘In under an hour they had set their camp up 50 meters from the concrete pad and erected a camo net to shield themselves from wandering eyes.’
- ‘The insulated camo overalls you bought for your Christmas deer hunt last year aren't going to cut it for your August coyote hunt this year.’
- ‘UPS made and unexpected stop today with a box from Eagle Optics and inside is a camo hat to go with my Stokes binoculars.’
- ‘You place an air-activated heat packet in a camo sack that wraps and laces around the outside of the toe of your boot.’
- ‘Guards in black boots and camo and khaki patrolled the area with M - 16 machine guns.’
- ‘Other camouflage accessories include camo tape and other items that will help hide a shotgun.’
- ‘They're niche patterns that have specific uses in specific places, and a camo that's geared to your area may be a good seller in your marketplace.’
- ‘‘People like camo, so we offer our stocks in both camo and in the standard black finish,’ Hall says.’
- ‘He had dark brown eyes with black camo paint all across his face in traditional military fashion.’
- ‘I already had on my urban camo pants and a white T-shirt.’
- ‘Bowhunters are avid consumers of camo clothing and other camo products.’
- ‘Next goes the camo guy and the woman with the tight jeans.’
- ‘We see the same camo applied to footwear in countless ways.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.