Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fastening mechanism that incorporates a cam or tab that is turned to engage a catch or slot.
- ‘It has access to all the major brands of camlocks.’
- ‘It has one of the largest ranges of valves, camlocks and actuators in the southern hemisphere.’
- ‘See below to purchase individual camlocks or a kit of camlocks for your backyard garden hose.’
- ‘Move the cap to the new carboy and tighten the camlock again.’
- ‘Our tubular cam locks by Cobra Lock comes in four standard sizes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.