Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A portable combined video camera and video recorder.
- ‘The fuel cell, about the same size as a standard rechargeable camcorder battery, was used to operate a camcorder.’
- ‘Digital video camcorders take the analog information in the video camera and then translate it into bytes of data.’
- ‘Older analog camcorders only had optical zoom, but new digital video cameras have both optical and digital zoom.’
- ‘Much of what is written also applies to using digital video camcorders.’
- ‘Dixons said its retail division had strong sales in mobile phones, digital cameras, camcorders, and PC peripherals.’
- ‘New, tiny digital camcorders make it easier than ever.’
- ‘The first tour bus of the year has already visited the resort and a number of the passengers made a beeline to the Market Street Car Park armed with their camcorders and cameras.’
- ‘The newest form of digital video cameras are DVD camcorders.’
- ‘But when you set out to capture moments, digital cameras and camcorders win hands down.’
- ‘However, many of the moments that are captured by camcorders are once-in-a-lifetime and can't be replicated if the disc fails.’
- ‘I remember the growth of video recorders through a recession and camcorders through another recession.’
- ‘They also confiscated his camcorder, the third time courts had taken video cameras off him for similar actions.’
- ‘There are monthly draws for camcorders, DVD players and televisions.’
- ‘Schools were supplied with a digital camcorder, tripod, microphone and video editing equipment.’
- ‘A bus pulls up and tourists step out, armed with camcorders and digital cameras.’
- ‘They hope a battery of digital cameras and camcorders will capture evidence of the paranormal.’
- ‘Camera phones and camcorders from Samsung Electronics may be able to take even sharper images soon.’
- ‘It also operates as a digital camcorder, with up to three minutes of continuous video, and may be used as a PC Camera.’
- ‘Sony aims to sell 15 million digital cameras and 7 million camcorders this business year.’
- ‘Digital cameras and camcorders are well catered for, with installation wizards and simple editing software.’
1980s: blend of camera and recorder.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.