One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A girl or woman who poses for a webcam.
- ‘The website lets viewers vote for their favourite camgirl and ranks them accordingly.’
- ‘No, I am not going to become a camgirl.’
- ‘Collectively they became known as "cam girls".’
- ‘Craig takes control of the image by allowing this incursion into very private spaces, much as many camgirls do.’
- ‘Turns out that it's the site of a camgirl, or in this case I suppose camwoman.’
- ‘The sequence of pictures presented to us could either be the best or the worst day of the camgirl's life, and we might never know, as the cam captures everything in the same way.’
- ‘Most worryingly, the majority of young British camgirls we contacted said their parents were unaware of their online activities, and few seemed to understand the risks inherent in these dubious transactions.’
- ‘Alexa, a 15-year-old camgirl explained that she would not tell her parents about her site, as it would make her ‘hold back’ in her online diary.’
- ‘The camgirls feel comfortable there; they can organize their time as they wish, and the space lends an air of ‘peeping tom’ authenticity to fulfill the viewer/voyeur's desire.’
- ‘I'm a camgirl.’
- ‘I am very, very close to becoming a cam girl, and soliciting perverts to buy me a gaming console.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.