One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a machine in sliding or rolling contact with a rotating cam and given motion by it.
- ‘A cam follower is a machine part that moves up and down in contact with a cam on a rotating shaft.’
- ‘The eccentrics operate a lever between the camshaft and each pair of intake cam followers.’
- ‘Very small roller cam followers are installed in the cylinder head to operate the valves instead of the conventional bucket-type tappets, and here friction is cut by about 70 per cent.’
- ‘The Multi-Displacement System unit replaces a conventional roller cam follower with a hydraulically pressurized design consisting of an outer sleeve and piston unit to which a roller follower is attached.’
- ‘Cam Followers have been amongst our best selling products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.