One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that uses large electromagnets to separate uranium isotopes from uranium ore. It was developed in the 1940s to produce highly enriched weapons-grade uranium.
- ‘These were fed into calutrons for research purposes.’
- ‘When his previous calutrons were discovered and destroyed, they hadn't even been finished.’
- ‘We were the only people who made use of the calutron, as far as I know.’
- ‘The invention is an ion source assembly for calutrons utilizing high vapor pressure elements.’
- ‘The calutron program was largely indigenous and was an improvement over the technology used by the United States in the 1940's.’
From Cal(ifornia) U(niversity) (cyclo)tron.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.