One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or suitable for a diet in which a limit is set on the total number of calories that may be consumed.‘a calorie-controlled meal plan’‘we also make products such as fat-free yogurt for people on calorie-controlled diets’
- ‘Sian Porter, a dietician, said strict, calorie-controlled diets often make people feel bored, deprived and depressed.’
- ‘We've had to put them all on strict calorie-controlled diets in a bid to get them down to a normal weight.’
- ‘The choice of foods is more restricted and there are more side effects than with a low-fat, calorie-controlled diet.’
- ‘Treatment can only be prescribed if you can demonstrate weight loss on a calorie-controlled diet first.’
- ‘Eat a healthy, calorie-controlled diet - and take some exercise.’
- ‘Your only workout will be a simple calorie-controlled program that's heavy on vegetables, generous on protein, and light on starchy carbs.’
- ‘Lots of people could be helped by having a daily calorie-controlled package.’
- ‘Whenever Abi and I try to slim down, we go for a simple calorie-controlled diet: 1500 calories a day.’
- ‘Calorie-controlled diets have a high failure rate.’
- ‘Obese women on calorie-controlled diets who exercised at least 200 minutes each week lost nearly 14 percent of their total body weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.