One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insensitive and cruel disregard for others.‘the callousness of using children to send a political message’
- ‘I was embarrassed by my callousness in the face of my own ability to wreak minor havoc in the lives of others.’
- ‘Yes, there is a callousness in the manner that people have abused the world.’
- ‘You don't see that kind of callousness displayed in the leads of mainstream American movies.’
- ‘He is staging a kind of sit-in to protest silently the callousness with which vulnerable refugees are treated the world over.’
- ‘The callousness of that administration contributed substantially to the avoidable suffering of citizens in the South.’
- ‘Her brother's callousness sometimes really struck home.’
- ‘Such callousness, on an emotional level at least, clinches the case.’
- ‘We risk becoming inured to tragedy, veering from empathy to callousness.’
- ‘He would seem an obvious antidote to her mother's callousness.’
- ‘I'm waiting for some kind of apology for their recent display of callousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.