One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A facility that identifies and displays the telephone numbers of incoming calls made to a particular line.
- ‘You must have caller ID blocked on your line or otherwise disabled.’
- ‘For example, I have caller ID and when I'll see his name on the display I usually won't pick up.’
- ‘Most mobile networks today offer call forwarding, caller ID and voicemail.’
- ‘But like caller ID and call waiting, once people start using them, they won't get by without them.’
- ‘The LCD screen displays caller ID information so you can see who's calling before you flip it open.’
- ‘The investigation originally focused on a Manila flat where a telephone line, traced with caller ID, is thought to have been used to release the worm.’
- ‘Until the development of caller ID, it was difficult to track the identity of obscene phone callers.’
- ‘It doesn't have caller ID or voice mail, at least one of which would be nice, though I could add them on.’
- ‘Switch to the vibrating mode and check your caller ID or capture your messages via voicemail.’
- ‘Shooting an eyebrow upwards, the twenty-three year old checked the number on her cell phone's caller ID.’
- ‘On your home phone, do you really wan t to spend $8 a month on caller ID and call waiting?’
- ‘These features allow you to decide how calls to a specific number are handled by using caller ID information.’
- ‘The user dials a telephone number from their mobile, and using caller ID, the system works out who is calling.’
- ‘The package includes voicemail, call forwarding, three-way calls, caller ID and call diversion.’
- ‘Sheriff Norwell's phone also had caller ID, and he passed the number on to the police.’
- ‘Beyond traditional phone features such as call forwarding, caller ID and so forth, there are other reasons.’
- ‘Digital phones support new features like caller ID, text messaging or wireless internet services.’
- ‘Later in the year the phone company introduced caller ID.’
- ‘If you want to initiate caller ID, you need to get the phone company involved.’
- ‘A popular item, Lee says, is linking telephone caller ID to the television.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.