One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A facility that identifies and displays the telephone numbers of incoming calls made to a particular line.
- ‘Most mobile networks today offer call forwarding, caller ID and voicemail.’
- ‘Switch to the vibrating mode and check your caller ID or capture your messages via voicemail.’
- ‘Beyond traditional phone features such as call forwarding, caller ID and so forth, there are other reasons.’
- ‘The LCD screen displays caller ID information so you can see who's calling before you flip it open.’
- ‘A popular item, Lee says, is linking telephone caller ID to the television.’
- ‘Shooting an eyebrow upwards, the twenty-three year old checked the number on her cell phone's caller ID.’
- ‘The user dials a telephone number from their mobile, and using caller ID, the system works out who is calling.’
- ‘For example, I have caller ID and when I'll see his name on the display I usually won't pick up.’
- ‘The package includes voicemail, call forwarding, three-way calls, caller ID and call diversion.’
- ‘But like caller ID and call waiting, once people start using them, they won't get by without them.’
- ‘Later in the year the phone company introduced caller ID.’
- ‘Sheriff Norwell's phone also had caller ID, and he passed the number on to the police.’
- ‘The investigation originally focused on a Manila flat where a telephone line, traced with caller ID, is thought to have been used to release the worm.’
- ‘If you want to initiate caller ID, you need to get the phone company involved.’
- ‘It doesn't have caller ID or voice mail, at least one of which would be nice, though I could add them on.’
- ‘You must have caller ID blocked on your line or otherwise disabled.’
- ‘Digital phones support new features like caller ID, text messaging or wireless internet services.’
- ‘These features allow you to decide how calls to a specific number are handled by using caller ID information.’
- ‘On your home phone, do you really wan t to spend $8 a month on caller ID and call waiting?’
- ‘Until the development of caller ID, it was difficult to track the identity of obscene phone callers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.