One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Claim the right to sit in the front passenger seat of a vehicle on a particular journey.‘my girlfriend called shotgun, so I sat in the back seat’
- ‘Significant others of the driver or other people related (non-siblings) to the driver need not call shotgun.’
- ‘None of your passengers will be calling shotgun, and you might make a habit of letting friends drive, so you can lounge in back.’
- ‘If that politician ever asks to go for a ride, call shotgun.’
- ‘I call shotgun: Kiri usually claims the best spot at the front of the sidecar, leaving Mari and Hine to perch behind.’
- ‘Rocky called shotgun so I got in the back.’
- ‘Janet remembers when the rules were simple: windows down and radio up, everyone chipped in for gas and shotgun went to whoever called it first.’
- ‘Adults can fit in the cheap seats way out back, but the tallest ones will want to call shotgun on long trips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.