Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A telephone feature that allows calls made to one number to be forwarded to another specified number.
- ‘Business users can avail of a number of additional services including call answering, call waiting, call tracking, call forwarding, caller display, conference calling and up to four voice-mail boxes on one line.’
- ‘They also provide voicemail, call forwarding and conference calls, at no extra charge.’
- ‘Only after the disaster, during a supervised visit into his red-tagged office, did he update his phone system to include call forwarding.’
- ‘Special features like call display, call forwarding, voicemail, and conference calls are also free as long as both parties are using computers.’
- ‘They are well-versed in functions such as call forwarding and options to disable roaming that most users don't worry about.’
- ‘Features such as simultaneous voice and data transfer, automatic call forwarding and dial-by - voice were becoming standard practice, with more features being added all the time.’
- ‘There are several reasons for this, but difficulty in activating and controlling features is the major barrier to use of complex offerings such as selective call forwarding or distinctive ringing based on caller ID.’
- ‘Most mobile networks today offer call forwarding, caller ID and voicemail.’
- ‘Beyond traditional phone features such as call forwarding, caller ID and so forth, there are other reasons.’
- ‘Features such as call waiting, caller ID, hold, call forwarding, and multiple ring-to numbers are usually costly extras with landline service.’
- ‘A standard tariff plan costs HK $88 per month, and includes a basic telephone line, two fixed telecom numbers, and basic telecom value-added services such as call forwarding.’
- ‘Time Warner provides the link to the home and Sprint the expertise to enable customized voice mail, call forwarding, and operator assistance.’
- ‘To explain this, I need to explain that when I go out, I put my home phone number on call forwarding to the little cell phone I carry in my shirt pocket.’
- ‘I handle phone calls the normal way except that when I'm out, I often put my home phone number on call forwarding to my cell phone.’
- ‘For starters, look at the prices for services advertised on its Web site: $20 a month for unlimited local calling, including popular services such as call waiting and call forwarding.’
- ‘In the era of cellphones, e-mail, faxing, call forwarding and voice mail, the boundary between our work and our personal lives is increasingly blurred.’
- ‘Despite the investment required to support them, enhanced services such as call waiting and call forwarding have traditionally been some of the highest-margin offerings from the incumbent carriers.’
- ‘The SS7 protocol is able to handle call routing, call forwarding and error conditions.’
- ‘After that, most of the call notification services run about $5.95 per month with additional charges of approximately $1.00 from local phone companies for call forwarding.’
- ‘Additional services, such as insurance, call forwarding, and voicemail would be offered on a monthly subscription basis - at say, £1 a month.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.