One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telephone feature that allows calls made to one number to be forwarded to another specified number.
- ‘I handle phone calls the normal way except that when I'm out, I often put my home phone number on call forwarding to my cell phone.’
- ‘Business users can avail of a number of additional services including call answering, call waiting, call tracking, call forwarding, caller display, conference calling and up to four voice-mail boxes on one line.’
- ‘There are several reasons for this, but difficulty in activating and controlling features is the major barrier to use of complex offerings such as selective call forwarding or distinctive ringing based on caller ID.’
- ‘Special features like call display, call forwarding, voicemail, and conference calls are also free as long as both parties are using computers.’
- ‘Features such as call waiting, caller ID, hold, call forwarding, and multiple ring-to numbers are usually costly extras with landline service.’
- ‘In the era of cellphones, e-mail, faxing, call forwarding and voice mail, the boundary between our work and our personal lives is increasingly blurred.’
- ‘A standard tariff plan costs HK $88 per month, and includes a basic telephone line, two fixed telecom numbers, and basic telecom value-added services such as call forwarding.’
- ‘Most mobile networks today offer call forwarding, caller ID and voicemail.’
- ‘For starters, look at the prices for services advertised on its Web site: $20 a month for unlimited local calling, including popular services such as call waiting and call forwarding.’
- ‘Beyond traditional phone features such as call forwarding, caller ID and so forth, there are other reasons.’
- ‘Despite the investment required to support them, enhanced services such as call waiting and call forwarding have traditionally been some of the highest-margin offerings from the incumbent carriers.’
- ‘Only after the disaster, during a supervised visit into his red-tagged office, did he update his phone system to include call forwarding.’
- ‘The SS7 protocol is able to handle call routing, call forwarding and error conditions.’
- ‘They are well-versed in functions such as call forwarding and options to disable roaming that most users don't worry about.’
- ‘After that, most of the call notification services run about $5.95 per month with additional charges of approximately $1.00 from local phone companies for call forwarding.’
- ‘They also provide voicemail, call forwarding and conference calls, at no extra charge.’
- ‘Additional services, such as insurance, call forwarding, and voicemail would be offered on a monthly subscription basis - at say, £1 a month.’
- ‘Features such as simultaneous voice and data transfer, automatic call forwarding and dial-by - voice were becoming standard practice, with more features being added all the time.’
- ‘To explain this, I need to explain that when I go out, I put my home phone number on call forwarding to the little cell phone I carry in my shirt pocket.’
- ‘Time Warner provides the link to the home and Sprint the expertise to enable customized voice mail, call forwarding, and operator assistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.