Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An office set up to handle a large volume of telephone calls, especially for taking orders and providing customer service.
- ‘More calls come into the call center where customer service representatives take product orders.’
- ‘It has changed from a traditional call centre to a modern customer service centre.’
- ‘We've hired hundreds of people from Wall Street to answer questions and offer advice in our call center.’
- ‘Design a peaceful call center that our operators will actually enjoy.’
- ‘The sheer volume of customer contact in the call center cannot be matched in any other segment of business.’
- ‘Cars will be delivered to customers' homes and a dedicated call centre will handle any queries.’
- ‘In your quest to operate a successful call center, remember the right management plays a critical role.’
- ‘The company is already involved in electronic funds transfer and runs a call center for a Web retailer.’
- ‘Indeed, the system's efforts to shore up its flagship call center appear to be paying off beyond just good will.’
- ‘As part of the scheme, the council is to create a new call centre handling incoming calls.’
- ‘The company will also provide a call centre and some front office services.’
- ‘Another $4 million has gone to a new call center and telecommunications equipment.’
- ‘In the call center, customer contact is predominantly by telephone, either inbound or outbound.’
- ‘A dedicated subgroup of agents is assigned to service each of the call types in the call center.’
- ‘The customer call centre based at the Manchester brewery is not affected.’
- ‘During this period, residents may find that the call centre and the counter service are busier than usual.’
- ‘One of my friends works in the customer service call center of a national pager company.’
- ‘While the client's facility functions primarily as an inbound call center, an outbound group exists.’
- ‘The new call centre will play an important role in future plans for European expansion.’
- ‘These varied media are turning the traditional call center loo a multimedia customer contact center.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.