One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An office set up to handle a large volume of telephone calls, especially for taking orders and providing customer service.
- ‘It has changed from a traditional call centre to a modern customer service centre.’
- ‘Design a peaceful call center that our operators will actually enjoy.’
- ‘Another $4 million has gone to a new call center and telecommunications equipment.’
- ‘The sheer volume of customer contact in the call center cannot be matched in any other segment of business.’
- ‘These varied media are turning the traditional call center loo a multimedia customer contact center.’
- ‘The customer call centre based at the Manchester brewery is not affected.’
- ‘The new call centre will play an important role in future plans for European expansion.’
- ‘The company will also provide a call centre and some front office services.’
- ‘One of my friends works in the customer service call center of a national pager company.’
- ‘In your quest to operate a successful call center, remember the right management plays a critical role.’
- ‘While the client's facility functions primarily as an inbound call center, an outbound group exists.’
- ‘The company is already involved in electronic funds transfer and runs a call center for a Web retailer.’
- ‘In the call center, customer contact is predominantly by telephone, either inbound or outbound.’
- ‘More calls come into the call center where customer service representatives take product orders.’
- ‘Cars will be delivered to customers' homes and a dedicated call centre will handle any queries.’
- ‘We've hired hundreds of people from Wall Street to answer questions and offer advice in our call center.’
- ‘During this period, residents may find that the call centre and the counter service are busier than usual.’
- ‘Indeed, the system's efforts to shore up its flagship call center appear to be paying off beyond just good will.’
- ‘A dedicated subgroup of agents is assigned to service each of the call types in the call center.’
- ‘As part of the scheme, the council is to create a new call centre handling incoming calls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.