One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While waiting for rescue and to assist in warming yourself, attempt to stretch and do small, controlled callisthenic movements, such as waving your arms or twisting your torso.’
- ‘Dozens of young troops in military fatigues marched in formation and conducted a series of calisthenic drills and martial-arts exercises at an abandoned dirt lot.’
- ‘As I have just noted, most nineteenth-century writers who espoused gymnastics for women approved of calisthenic exercises, several of which are recognizable today.’
- ‘Bouts of moderate intensity on the elliptical machine interspersed with short periods of high-intensity calisthenic exercises, like jumping jacks and push-ups.’
- ‘As if the machines aren't enough, large spaces are set aside for the most recent calisthenic fad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.