One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for decompression sickness
- ‘Many workers contracted what became known as caisson disease, which was caused by the changes in air pressure one endures when working in a caisson.’
- ‘In 1880, the French physicist determines the cause of caisson disease.’
- ‘One afternoon in the summer of 1872, a man had to be carried out of the caisson with caisson disease.’
- ‘They were victims of caisson disease.’
- ‘Even the most modern methods of bringing men from high pressures to those of the atmosphere slowly do not entirely obviate the danger of caisson disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.