One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for decompression sickness
- ‘In 1880, the French physicist determines the cause of caisson disease.’
- ‘Many workers contracted what became known as caisson disease, which was caused by the changes in air pressure one endures when working in a caisson.’
- ‘One afternoon in the summer of 1872, a man had to be carried out of the caisson with caisson disease.’
- ‘Even the most modern methods of bringing men from high pressures to those of the atmosphere slowly do not entirely obviate the danger of caisson disease.’
- ‘They were victims of caisson disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.