One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An employee benefit selected from a variety of offerings under a fringe-benefit plan that can be tailored to fit individual needs.
- ‘Handouts were distributed on the health insurance changes, cafeteria benefits, and non-cafeteria benefits.’
- ‘This included salary increases in each year pursuant to survey, increased cafeteria benefits including additional dollars for medical insurance premiums and a vision and dental plan, a $44 per month retiree medical contribution from the City to each member, and the agreement to change the City's Miscellaneous PERS retirement formula from 2% at 55 to 2.5% at 55 effective June 16, 2008.’
- ‘Although virtually unheard of 20 years ago, today some 20 percent of U.S. corporations offer cafeteria benefits.’
- ‘In cafeteria benefits, workers have a wide range of options on how to structure their total compensation.’
- ‘Regular full-time and part-time employees who are scheduled and work a minimum of 20 hours per week, receive the following annual cafeteria benefit based on their years of satisfactory employment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.