One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An employee benefit selected from a variety of offerings under a fringe-benefit plan that can be tailored to fit individual needs.
- ‘Regular full-time and part-time employees who are scheduled and work a minimum of 20 hours per week, receive the following annual cafeteria benefit based on their years of satisfactory employment.’
- ‘Although virtually unheard of 20 years ago, today some 20 percent of U.S. corporations offer cafeteria benefits.’
- ‘In cafeteria benefits, workers have a wide range of options on how to structure their total compensation.’
- ‘This included salary increases in each year pursuant to survey, increased cafeteria benefits including additional dollars for medical insurance premiums and a vision and dental plan, a $44 per month retiree medical contribution from the City to each member, and the agreement to change the City's Miscellaneous PERS retirement formula from 2% at 55 to 2.5% at 55 effective June 16, 2008.’
- ‘Handouts were distributed on the health insurance changes, cafeteria benefits, and non-cafeteria benefits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.