One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of mild white cheese, originally made in Caerphilly in Wales.
- ‘I've got some strong cheddar and some Caerphilly as well but I've only got the double Gloucester out of the fridge.’
- ‘So remember, it's 2.8 millimeters for cheddar, 4.5 millimeters for Caerphilly, and 3 millimeters for Blue Stilton.’
- ‘Among the many natural-rind cheeses are English Caerphilly, French Beaufort, Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano, and Spanish Manchego.’
- ‘Enjoy some Caerphilly and Cheshire now though.’
- ‘Stilton or a very mature Cheddar have enough of a tang to be interesting, Caerphilly or Wensleydale slightly less so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.