One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of mild white cheese, originally made in Caerphilly in Wales.
- ‘Enjoy some Caerphilly and Cheshire now though.’
- ‘Stilton or a very mature Cheddar have enough of a tang to be interesting, Caerphilly or Wensleydale slightly less so.’
- ‘Among the many natural-rind cheeses are English Caerphilly, French Beaufort, Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano, and Spanish Manchego.’
- ‘So remember, it's 2.8 millimeters for cheddar, 4.5 millimeters for Caerphilly, and 3 millimeters for Blue Stilton.’
- ‘I've got some strong cheddar and some Caerphilly as well but I've only got the double Gloucester out of the fridge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.