One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He works within a narrower spectrum, bringing to life a series of monologues for inter-related and cadaverously fleshed-out dummies.’
- ‘I'm an ectomorph with medium ash brown hair that I'm always ruining by dyeing it (so it always has garish brassy orange tones), brown eyes that I sometimes conceal with grey contacts, and cadaverously fair skin.’
- ‘Haggard, frayed and cadaverously pale with his eyes sunk somewhere deep in the back of his skull, in the final scene he looks like someone who is about to die.’
- ‘For a chef, he looks cadaverously under-nourished.’
- ‘By contrast, he chose to portray the character as ailing: cadaverously thin and pale with flushed cheeks and clawlike fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.