A toxic liquid base, 1,5-diaminopentane, formed by the putrefaction of proteins.
- ‘Measurements of the fluorescence of dansyl cadaverine attached to Gln 41 indicate substantial inhibition of the initial association of G-actin-S1 into longitudinal dimers.’
- ‘The names given to some of the staleing amines, ‘putrazine’ and ‘cadaverine’, speak volumes about the role of smell.’
- ‘He attempted to coat the host pupae with several appropriately named diamines, such as putricine and cadaverine.’
- ‘The noxious gases putrescine and cadaverine get on your clothes too.’
- ‘The putrescine and the cadaverine concentrations were higher in the proximal than in the distal part of the intestinal lumen.’