One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Named in honor of the French scholar Nicolas-Claude Fabri de Peiresc, the genus Pereskia boasts the unique characteristic of being one of the few cactaceous genera to bear true leaves.’
- ‘If you wish to camp, hike or simply to spend a day afield between encino forests and pine and cactaceous scrubs, you may see some deer, wild burro, pumas, cats, coyotes, bald eagles and a diverse selection of snakes.’
- ‘The most common of these is E. canariensis with the classic cactaceous habit.’
- ‘ARC Plant Protection Research Institute has been collaborating with the IAEA and other overseas experts on the use of SIT to control cactus moth, Cactoblastis cactorum, a pest on cactus and prickly pear, and serious threat to millions of hectares of indigenous cactaceous flora in Mexico and the USA.’
- ‘In a few words, Cuatro Ciénegas is a wide, semi-desertic climate valley (it is a ramification of the wider desert of Chihuahua), with low vegetation characterized by cactaceous and similar species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.