Relating to or having the symptoms of cachexia.
- ‘Circulating concentrations of the cytokine tumour necrosis factor are increased in cachectic patients with chronic heart failure.’
- ‘She was dyspneic and appeared nearly cachectic.’
- ‘This 23-year-old patient, acutely ill with pneumonia, was also cachectic, depressed, and alone.’
- ‘It is therefore possible that the approaches currently used to treat calves, which are radically different from those used by paediatricians, could benefit children, especially those who are already cachectic before their diarrhoea.’
- ‘Patients with metastatic disease are often cachectic and rarely survive more than a few weeks.’