One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system in which television programs are transmitted to the sets of subscribers by cable rather than by a broadcast signal.
- ‘In this age of satellite radio stations and cable television, it is difficult to imagine jukeboxes making a comeback.’
- ‘Radio, cable television, the book publishing world all enlarge the profile of the franchise player.’
- ‘For broadcast and cable television, the goal has not simply been to attract a high number of eyeballs.’
- ‘His television special on Kwanzaa was broadcast on Manhattan cable television.’
- ‘With the exception of premium channels, you don't pay for itemized programming on cable television.’
- ‘So you can have the rights for the free-to-air, but apart from that you've got cable television.’
- ‘Another growing phenomenon on cable television is the so-called infomercial.’
- ‘The film never made it to the big screen, but it became a cult hit on cable television and video.’
- ‘Even those who have heard about the devil and all his works are more than likely to have acquired their knowledge from the illicit viewing of cable television.’
- ‘The rise of conservative voices on talk radio and cable television has also had some impact on the tilt and tenor of public life.’
- ‘The wrestling event was televised live on pay-per-view cable television and was seen around the country.’
- ‘All units are plumbed for gas and wired for cable television, telephones and alarm systems.’
- ‘That quote began to find its way onto the talk shows and cable television last week.’
- ‘Do you think that a facility of cable television has allowed this sort of niche broadcasting to have overt sympathies expressed on air?’
- ‘Over the last few weeks, I've been looking into upgrading to digital, satellite or cable television.’
- ‘Finally, direct broadcast satellites were introduced to further expand cable television.’
- ‘Do kids with cable television not draw televisions as a box with a ‘V’ antennae on top?’
- ‘Clearly things were getting a little bit confused, and with satellite and cable television on the horizon something had to be done.’
- ‘Its rating has not moved at all which I think is an achievement, keeping in mind that it's broadcast on cable television.’
- ‘Does anyone really want what happened to radio to happen to TV, or newspapers, or cable television?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.