One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rope) made of three triple strands.
- ‘The company - till their bankruptcy in 1993-was the world leader and was in the possession of all world records concerning heavy cable-laid slings and grommets.’
- ‘A fiber cable-laid rope is composed of three strands of hawser-laid rope, twisted right-handed.’
- ‘The company makes cable-laid slings that can lift oil rig equipment of up 12,000 tonnes in weight.’
- ‘A cable laid wire rope is constructed of smaller diameter cables which have been closed into a finished wire rope.’
- ‘If cable-laid, the tails lie aft on the larboard side and forward on the starboard side; shroud-laid the opposite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.