One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.
- ‘Everything was frozen, and by April, everyone had cabin fever.’
- ‘I like living in the mountains, but I get cabin fever.’
- ‘Some of this might just be cabin fever, a frustration stemming from being cooped up for long periods.’
- ‘I had a serious case of cabin fever this weekend because the rain kept us inside.’
- ‘Pat is not yet suffering from cabin fever and has no definite plans for the cargo ship that was built in Norway in 1962.’
- ‘In my advanced state of cabin fever, I bought the snowshoes.’
- ‘On the 8th day, suffering from cabin fever, I decided to chance waiting until almost dark to visit a favorite restaurant on Jomtien Hill.’
- ‘Like many people, you may experience cabin fever during the winter months.’
- ‘Sometimes I get cabin fever, but generally I don't mind being on my own.’
- ‘We've come through the thing without a single cross or irritated word and with not a sign of cabin fever.’
- ‘‘People in those areas get cabin fever in the winter and want to get out during the warm months,’ he says.’
- ‘But at both locations, even longtime residents say the long, dark, cold days of winter can bring about cabin fever.’
- ‘It's a welcome distraction on long winter evenings to keep you from going nuts with cabin fever.’
- ‘Jezebel, I suspected, was suffering from cabin fever too!’
- ‘But if you take this lull in the schedule to do some planning for next spring, you can satisfy everyone's cabin fever with extra early bouquets and baskets.’
- ‘It was like watching a sufferer of cabin fever finally see release.’
- ‘But if cabin fever does set in, it's nice to know you can take an excursion or soak up some culture.’
- ‘Cure a bad case of cabin fever by inviting friends over for an evening of cards or old-fashioned board games.’
- ‘She had to admit, though, she was getting cabin fever.’
- ‘It doesn't help that after a month of being back here in Houston with no classes I've been getting cabin fever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.