One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Irritability, listlessness, and similar symptoms resulting from long confinement or isolation indoors during the winter.
- ‘Pat is not yet suffering from cabin fever and has no definite plans for the cargo ship that was built in Norway in 1962.’
- ‘Like many people, you may experience cabin fever during the winter months.’
- ‘It doesn't help that after a month of being back here in Houston with no classes I've been getting cabin fever.’
- ‘But if you take this lull in the schedule to do some planning for next spring, you can satisfy everyone's cabin fever with extra early bouquets and baskets.’
- ‘But if cabin fever does set in, it's nice to know you can take an excursion or soak up some culture.’
- ‘Jezebel, I suspected, was suffering from cabin fever too!’
- ‘But at both locations, even longtime residents say the long, dark, cold days of winter can bring about cabin fever.’
- ‘‘People in those areas get cabin fever in the winter and want to get out during the warm months,’ he says.’
- ‘We've come through the thing without a single cross or irritated word and with not a sign of cabin fever.’
- ‘On the 8th day, suffering from cabin fever, I decided to chance waiting until almost dark to visit a favorite restaurant on Jomtien Hill.’
- ‘In my advanced state of cabin fever, I bought the snowshoes.’
- ‘I had a serious case of cabin fever this weekend because the rain kept us inside.’
- ‘It's a welcome distraction on long winter evenings to keep you from going nuts with cabin fever.’
- ‘Some of this might just be cabin fever, a frustration stemming from being cooped up for long periods.’
- ‘Cure a bad case of cabin fever by inviting friends over for an evening of cards or old-fashioned board games.’
- ‘Sometimes I get cabin fever, but generally I don't mind being on my own.’
- ‘She had to admit, though, she was getting cabin fever.’
- ‘I like living in the mountains, but I get cabin fever.’
- ‘Everything was frozen, and by April, everyone had cabin fever.’
- ‘It was like watching a sufferer of cabin fever finally see release.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.