One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brown moth whose caterpillars are pests of cabbages and related plants.
Mamestra brassicae, family Noctuidae
- ‘The other significant pest of these plants is the cabbage moth.’
- ‘Plant cabbage, broccoli, bok choi and all types of mustard until mid-September, covering with lightweight row covers to exclude cabbage fly and cabbage moth.’
- ‘They are known to eat cabbage moths, bollworms, tomato hornworms and broccoli worms.’
- ‘If you'd never thought that the world's biggest collection of cabbage moths could inspire deep thoughts, pick up a copy of this book.’
- ‘Certain companion plants are said to prevent the cabbage moths from being able to alight and lay their eggs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.