One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of the design of a car or truck) having the driver's or passenger compartment placed so as to extend further forward than the standard position.
- ‘According to the company, the concept truck, with its cab-forward design, focuses on offering sedan-like ride, handling, space, comfort and luxury.’
- ‘For instance, the company believed in the 1990's that a competitor had misappropriated its innovative cab-forward truck design.’
- ‘It means very thick A-pillars, and along with the very cab-forward scuttle, this can cause blind spots on twisty roads.’
- ‘The fact that the engine is transversely mounted allows for the cab-forward look of the cabin and, critically, for a third row of seats which fold into the floor when not in use.’
- ‘They then played with cab-forward design, edgy lines and the militaristic hard-edged style that dominated last year's auto show circuit.’
- ‘That cab-forward design means the front corners are clearly visible and the car is more easily placed on the road than in most modern saloons.’
- ‘The company's pioneering cab-forward look suddenly becomes the obvious way to do the four-door pickup with still enough bed space.’
- ‘Compared to today's cars where you can't even see the bonnet due to their cab-forward design, its quite a departure for those not familiar with the Morgan design.’
- ‘That ‘fire in the belly’ had given the company some of the industry's best-selling vehicles, including the minivans and cab-forward vehicles, which brought far more interior space to the family sedan.’
- ‘It is the very cab-forward style of the windscreen which I think gives the model much of its stylistic attraction, almost in a continuous line with the bonnet.’
- ‘There's also a lot more room, as the car is bigger in almost every dimension, and the use of a strong cab-forward styling also allows extra room to be created, particularly for those in the back seat.’
- ‘He once had a big roundhouse, servicing mostly the huge cab-forward engines for the Donner Pass route.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.